Friday, July 9, 2010

To Pay or Not to Pay? THAT is the question.

24 (1)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was one of the people that bought the Modern Warfare  2 Stimulus Package.  Not having owned MW I had never played any of the original maps so to be it was the repackaged deal that everyone complained about.  I have heard people complaining about Rockstar’s map packs since they were announced.  How people weren’t going to buy something that was already on the disk.  And the $10 price tag was way to high ect.  Maybe those people are correct.  I’m not here to say one thing or another about the state of DLC.  I think it’s a shame some of the features Rockstar announced weren’t included in the game right from the start, but 10 bucks for hours of more game play doesn’t seem to shabby to this guy.  I look at sandbox games as the type of game that you can put as many hours into as you would like too.  If a company wants to give me more toys to play with in that environment I’m totally okay with that.  People are always going to believe that they should get something for free.  Or that the money that they spent should stretch farther then it does.  But, this is the direction that the video game industry is going.  If people don’t like it, there are different hobby’s out there!  It is an interesting business practice and one that would seem to be very profitable.  Heck, what started off as a free service from Playstation is now turning into a monthly or yearly fee.  But that’s a topic for another post.  Sure, Red Dead was plagued with glitches and a lack of working multiplayer for the first couple weeks.  But Rockstar delivered a patch for some of those problems pretty quickly.  Personally, I’m looking forward to the upcoming DLC for Red Dead.  I mean, new multiplayer maps, characters, weapons and free roam challenges.  Here’s my Hamilton.

 

Onward and Upward,
J. Swanson

 

No comments: