Friday, July 23, 2010

Background Check!

    To go along with the rebooted blog, I’ve decided to give you a little more in-depth knowledge about me.  I don’t know that it matters but my mother always said honesty is the best policy.  So I grew up in a small down in the Land of 10,000 lakes.  For any of you looking to vacation I recommend  it especially if you like the outdoors.  I was adopted as a baby and let me tell you it was very fortunate to be!  Now that didn’t mean growing up as one of the only 7 Black people in my town was easy it did present challenges but I don't’ know where I would be without the support of my parents.  I suppose that is what makes me a little unique is that my parents are white and I grew up in a town full of white people!  It gave me an interesting perspective on the world around me and also my life.  And I hope in my own why I can give you a little slice of that world.  I’m not going to stand on a soap box and preach about how Black’s are misrepresented in Video Games ect.  But I hope that when I talk about certain subject you might understand why I feel the way I do, or why I am saying the things I am!  I’m going to say it one more time.  This is a blog about hate or race or anything of those things.  So don’t use that comment section as a place to spew hate speech ect.  And I’ll try to do fair by you and not post things that I think you as a reader will take offence too. 

 

Onward and Upward,
J. Swanson

No comments: