Wednesday, July 14, 2010

How low can you go….?

 

screenshot031-800x449

 

     When you think of Limbo what’s the first thing that comes to mind?  A Luau? Hula dancers?  Roasted pigs and Pineapple?  Well if PlayDead has anything to do about it their game is what your going to think about every time your hear the word LIMBO!  The first game that is going to be released is was created by the fine folks over at PlayDead and let me tell you that it looks amazing.  For me it’s the hottest game that is going to be released this Summer on Live.  It’s a 2D puzzle platformer in black and white and shades of grey.  At this year’s IGF it won the award for Technical Excellence and is shaping up to be a great looking game.  It’s designed around the “trial and death” aspect, which means the player is going to die a lot.  I’m excited about the old school feel that more and more indie games are coming out with.  I do like my Call of Duty’s and my Bungie related treats!  But once and awhile it’s nice to sink your teeth into something a little bit more simple in a complex sort of way.  And from everything I’ve looked at Limbo is going to be a great introduction to XBOX’s Summer of Arcade!

Onward and Upward,
J. Swanson

No comments: