Friday, July 23, 2010

No one to tell us no or where to go or say we’re only dreaming.

     I can show you the world.  Shining, shimmering, splendid.  That’s right I went all Aladdin on you.  AND YOU LIKED IT!   No longer are those lyrics going to remind me of that Disney movie.  They are going to remind me of….

 Bnet_Logo

FORGE WORLD

So I don’t need to tell you I am a huge Bungie fan.  Yes, they make good games.  Yes they are extremely good at the hype train.  Yes there is about 1 million+  more people that are huge Bungie fans as well.  But they have seem to out done themselves this time.  Having looked at the live blog and watched the vid-doc as well as looking at the feed that was shown at Comic Con it looks like Bungie as completely retooled their map editor.  And for all of the reason’s I refused to experiment with Forge with Halo 3 it looks like they have fixed it for Halo Reach.  Everything from improvements to the user interface, the ability to fuse objects together as well as give them a soft nudge to the position that you want them.  If you follow the link about there is much more information as well as the vid-doc to get you into the loop.  The last thing about Forge World is, it is HUGE.  And I don’t mean huge in the sense that the new invasion maps are huge.  I mean huge as in you can take the entire geography of Halo 2’s Coagulation Map and stick into what seems like a tiny corner of Forge World.  It is literally a Sandbox game that you can make.  I’m really pumped to see what the Bunige Army can do with these new and improved tools!  

 

Onward and Upward,
J. Swanson

No comments: