Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Hunt Begins…

 

So this is going to be the first "business” type post to this blog.  And it won’t be long being that I’m tired and it’s late.  So I graduated with a B.A. in Theater Arts.  And honestly, I wouldn’t change it for the world!  The things that I’ve learned and have been able to apply after college have been fantastic!  I’ve learned how to communicate with people, how to speak in front of large groups of people, and what it takes to work well in a team setting.  Unfortunately it didn’t teach me a thing about how the world of business works.  I have no idea what it takes and how to go about networking.  I try and do research on the internet and it feel a bit like drowning.  There is a lot of information and I have no idea how to sort through all of it.  It’s crazy!  At least that is how I feel about it today.  Maybe in the near future I will get better and with more experience it will be easier to navigate.  I think a great way to tackle this whole job search beast is to look at it like auditioning for a play.  And, as my brother says, “don’t look at the elephant and try and figure out how to eat the whole thing.  You have to eat it a bite at a time.”  Now all I need to do is figure out where to take the first bite,  But as for right now I think sleep is calling my name. 

Onward and Upward,

J. Swanson

No comments: